Ingredients: Serves: 2 people
2 handfuls of nettle tops – Treloan campsite
6 inch strip of kelp sliced into matchsticks – Breakneck beach
1 handful of young growth curly dock leaves – Treloan campsite
1 handful of hedge bedstraw tips – Treloan campsite
2 handfuls of fat hen leaves – Treloan campsite
1 onion thinly sliced – Ralphʼs deli
2 cloves of garlic sliced – Ralphʼs deli
4 handfuls of risotto rice – Co-op St. Mawes, Ralphʼs was out of stock
Good splash of white wine – Ralphʼs deli
1 litre of vegetable stock – Blagged off Annie
Oil – Ralphʼs deli
- Fry sliced onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add risotto rice and stir until coated in oil.
- Next add white wine and allow the alcohol to steam off.
- Then add nettles, kelp, curly dock, fat hen and stir into rice until thoroughly mixed and beginning to wilt. Yes you add these at the beginning!
- Now add some stock and stir over a low heat until absorbed by the rice, then keep adding stock until the rice becomes ʻAl denteʼ. You do not have to keep your face in the saucepan, just keep an eye on it so it doesnʼt start to stick/burn, then add more stock.
Share this fine food with fine fellows and fellow-rettes. Wild Food, Wild Hearts.