Sea Bass – locally caught, line fished
300grm approx Basmati Rice – Ralphs (village shop)
chopped veg: carrot, onion, red pepper, garlic, lemon (sliced) – local market
oil (olive, sunflower or butter) – Ralphs
Powdered stock (Swiss Bouillon is best) – Ralphs
- gently fry onion, garlic, carrot & red pepper in 3 tbs oil for about 5 mins.
- Stir in 1 -2 tbs of powder stock and then add about half a cup rice per person and stir well to coat the rice. Add the water. You can be liberal with the water as the idea is to end up with risotto consistency rice. Bring to the boil, stir, cover & simmer until rice is cooked or nearly cooked. Turn off heat & leave covered for 15 mins.
- gut and gill the fish.
- Make 2 or 3 diagonal incisions along flesh on one side.
- Rub salt all over & place in foil with butter.
- You could also put shallots, garlic or onion in too.
- Put about half cm of water or liquid stock in, wrap and place and place on hot barbeque.
- Cook for about 20mins depending on size of fish.
- A few mins before fish is done add some sliced lemon.
you can also do this dish on your camping stove in any covered pot and simply steam the fish..
make a bed of rice and put fish on top, garnish with any herb of your choice – Voila!
If spuds are your thing , wrap some baby potatoes in foil & put them into the BBQ a good 45mins before the fish. Slice open & add butter, salt and pepper mmmm!